COVID-19 Protocol Updates
We are pleased to announce that the offices of Mettler & Griego Family Dentistry will reopen on May 18th! You may now schedule appointments for all types of dental care, excluding purely cosmetic services. In order to protect the health and safety of our community, we have implemented many new policies and procedures. Read on for more details on our COVID-19 safety measures.
COVID-19 Protocol and Procedures
- We ask that all patients arrive for appointments wearing a mask. If you do not have a mask, we will gladly provide one for you.
- Only the patient should come into the office. We ask that anyone accompanying a child or an elderly patient also wear a mask.
- We will be taking everyone’s temperature, including staff and visitors. Any patient with a temperature above 100.4º F will need to reschedule.
- There are only four chairs in our reception area. Patients are free to wait in their vehicles after checking in. We will call or text you when your room is ready.
- Patients will need to rinse with a 1% hydrogen peroxide solution for one minute prior to their procedures. H2O2 kills bacteria, viruses, and fungus, and also reduces biofilm.
- Patients must also complete a short medical addendum when they check in.
- All magazines, brochures, models, and other objects in the clinic have been removed to facilitate effective surface disinfection.
- All of our surface disinfectants are rated by the EPA for virus kill, including SARS, MERS and Corona viruses. Even though our surface disinfectants have a 1-minute kill time, we will leave them for 3-5 minutes as a precaution.
- After the surface disinfecting process, we use a UV-C wand to destroy any residual traces of viruses or bacteria.
- Anything in the operatory that can be wrapped will be wrapped to preserve sanitation. We will remove and replace wrapping between patients.
- We have installed High Volume Evacuation in the hygiene rooms to minimize aerosol during ultrasonic scaling and polishing.
- We have also installed MERV 14 filters in all of our AC units. MERV 14 filters effectively eliminate bacteria, mold, and viruses.
- We have placed Hammacher Schlemmer air purifiers in each operatory. These filterless purifiers use a safe, ceramic heating element to destroy viruses, mold, and other germs with 400º F heat.
- We have always used distilled water in our patient care, and we have our own distiller on site.
These products and procedures will ensure a safe workplace and a safe environment for dental care, while keeping you safe as well. Our COVID-19 safety measures will continue to evolve as new information becomes available. If you have any questions or concerns about these processes or your upcoming appointment, please call us at 623-487-4870 or send a text to 623-552-6103. We are looking forward to serving our patients again—we have missed you very much!